We are excited to announce the launch of a new financial planning calculator for U of T students. The planning calculator is a publicly available tool available to current and prospective undergraduate students. Use it to plan your budget and find out how much it will cost to study at U of T for one academic year.
- See what it would cost to live on or off-campus, or study in a particular undergraduate program at U of T
- Based on the expenses the tool estimates for you, create a budget for food, entertainment and other living costs for the upcoming academic year
- Browse a list of personalized budgeting resources that aim to help you save money
We’ve been working on a number of new features for ACORN over the summer and are excited to launch three of these today in time for the fall-winter academic session.
1. Responsive Mobile
With this release, 90% of ACORN screens will be mobile friendly making it easier to read, navigate and take action on small screen mobile devices. This includes the dashboard, end to end course & program enrolment, paying fees by credit card, updating address & contact information, Planning Tools and all ‘Life’ content.
2. Awards & Financial Aid Module
This new module will do two things:
- Display links to potential financial opportunities available to the student depending on their home faculty and college
- Display upcoming award payouts and an awards history the student has received from U of T.
3. iCal Personal Timetable Export
- This feature enables students to download and add their personal timetables from ACORN to their own mobile and desktop calendars (I.e. Google, iOS etc).
- This feature will replace the existing Academic Activities Calendar but the static Personal Timetable will remain on ACORN.
- The personal exam list that has been present on the Academic Activities Calendar will be displayed during exam periods on the same Timetable & Exams screen in list form.